Marco Del Giudice
- Human development. Evolution of life stages and transitions; early stress; prenatal development; early social development; developmental plasticity; genotype-environment interactions
- Social and family relations. Attachment in children and adults; parent-offspring conflict; social competition and risk-taking
- Personality, individual and sex differences. Evolution of personality; self-regulation; sex differences in personality and social behavior; measurement of sex differences
- Psychopathology. Evolutionary models of mental disorders; evolutionary-developmental psychopathology; autistic-like and schizotypal traits
- Neurobiology and behavioral endocrinology. Individual differences in stress responsivity; prenatal stress
Accepting students? Please email Dr. Del Giudice if you are interested in pursuing graduate studies.
Dr. Del Giudice’s work explores a broad range of topics at the intersection of human behavior, evolution, and development. Specific research interests include the biology of middle childhood, the origin of sex differences in personality and social behavior (including parent-child and romantic attachment), and the evolution of developmental plasticity. With his collaborators, he has advanced a comprehensive model of individual differences in stress neurobiology. Most recently, he has been working on a unifying evolutionary framework for the classification of mental disorders.
- Ellis, B. J., & Del Giudice, M. (2019). Developmental adaptation to stress: An evolutionary perspective. Annual Review of Psychology, 70, 15.1-15.29.
- Del Giudice, M. (2018). Evolutionary psychopathology: A unified approach. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Del Giudice, M. (2017). The evolution of interaction shape in differential susceptibility. Child Development, 88, 1897–1912.
- Del Giudice, M. (2016). The life history model of psychopathology explains the structure of psychiatric disorders and the emergence of the p factor: A simulation study. Clinical Psychological Science, 4, 299-311.
- Del Giudice, M., Ellis, B. J., & Shirtcliff, E. A. (2011). The Adaptive Calibration Model of stress responsivity. Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews, 35, 1562-1592.
- Del Giudice, M. (2009). Sex, attachment, and the development of reproductive strategies. Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 32, 1-21.
- PSY 105: General Psychology
- PSY 331: Psychology of Personality
- PSY 342: Evolution, Brain, and Behavior
- PSY 501: Advanced Statistics
- PSY 601: Multivariate Statistics
- PSY 450/650: Attachment Theory
- PSY 450/650: Evolutionary Psychopathology
- PSY 450/650: Meta-analysis
- PSY 450/650: Stress: Evolution and Development
Current Graduate Students:
- Tessa Cappelle: parent-offspring conflict in mate choice; stress physiology
- Marley J. Russell: functional explanations of everyday sadism; stress physiology
If you are interested in pursuing graduate study with Dr. Del Giudice please contact him by email.