GRADUATION SPRING 2022
The Spring 2022 Department of Psychology convocation ceremony will be held at the UNM Continuing Education Auditorium, 1634 University Blvd. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102, on Thursday, May 12, 2022 at 4:30 pm. Please note:
- 3:30 pm: Sign-in table for graduates will open. Must be signed in by 4:00 pm
- 3:45 pm: auditorium will open for guest seating
- 4:00 pm: students must be signed in and in place for line up and further instructions
- 4:30 pm: Ceremony will begin promptly with the commencement procession and will last approximately 1.25 hrs.
CONVOCATION PROGRAM: Spring 2022 Convocation
ZOOM LINK FOR THE LIVESTREAM:
Meeting ID#: 921 2495 9631
OPENING PROCESSIONAL AT 4:30 pm
WELCOME ADDRESS: Derek Hamilton, Ph.D., Professor and Chair
PSYCHOLOGY HONOR’S STUDENT GREETING
Theresa Moyers, Ph.D.
PRESENTATION OF DEGREES
Derek Hamilton: Recognition of Bachelor’s Degree Candidates
Marni Goldberg: BAC Program and Recognition of BAC Program Candidates
Terri Moyers: Recognition of Psychology Departmental Honor’s Program Candidates
Derek Hamilton: Recognition of Master’s Degree Candidates. MS Degree Candidates will read their acknowledgements and will be hooded by their mentor.
Derek Hamilton: Recognition of Doctoral Degree Candidates. Ph.D. Degree Candidates will read their acknowledgements and will be hooded by their mentor.
TASSEL CEREMONY/CLOSING: Derek Hamilton, Ph.D., Professor and Chair
RECESSIONAL/END OF PROGRAM
- Students who are eligible to participate in the Department Convocation are:
- Those who have completed degree requirements Fall 2021
- Those who complete degree requirements by the end of Spring 2022
- Undergraduate students who lack no more than six credit hours to be completed Summer 2022 (verified by an Advisor). Please note: Summer 2022 graduates are not published in the Spring 2022 program.
- Graduate students that defend their dissertation or thesis by May 13, 2022 and are on the department’s summer 2022 graduation list (verified by Rikk).
How to sign-up
To participate in our department convocation, please fill out the Psychology Spring 2022 student sign-up form by April 25, 2022.
- Graduates with special needs should request appropriate accommodations when signing up to participate.
- Graduate Students will need to have acknowledgements to be read at the ceremony ready to submit on the form
- The number of guests you may invite will be announced at a later date.
PARKING: Free parking on-site: 1634 University Blvd. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87102. Easy access to the Big I
IMPORTANT Participation in the commencement ceremony is not a guarantee or an indication of degree completion. To officially graduate from UNM, students must satisfy all university, school, college and/or departmental requirements for the specific degree. Students should meet with an advisor to ensure that they are on track to graduate.
Diplomas: Your official diploma will be mailed to the address on file for you with the Registrar, six to eight weeks after the end of the semester your degree is officially granted. If you would like your diploma held for pickup or mailed somewhere else, you need to contact the Registrar. Contact your advisor if you have any questions about your official graduation status.
- Undergraduate students: contact a psychology undergraduate advisor:
- Graduate Students: contact Rikk Murphy, 277-5009, email@example.com
Academic Regalia (Cap & Gown)
- All ceremony participants must wear academic regalia. How to wear your regalia
- Your tassel should be worn on the right side of your cap until the graduation class collectively moves the tassel from the right side to the left side of your tam or mortarboard. This will be done during the Graduation ceremony.
- Tasteful decoration of caps is permitted. However, if it is determined to be offensive by a Marshal, you will have to remove it to participate.
- We encourage you to wear comfortable shoes, you will be walking up and down stairs.
- Purchase your regalia and accessories at the UNM Bookstore:
- Bachelor's degree candidates wear RED gowns and red cap with tassel.
- Master’s degree candidates wear BLACK gowns, black caps with tassel, and appropriate hood.
- Ph.D. degree candidates wear BLACK and RED gowns, black caps with tassel, and appropriate hood.
- Honor chords are only provided by the department to students in our Psychology Honors Program. If you are receiving University honors, purchase your UNM Honor chords at the UNM Bookstore. For information on Honors Society stoles, please contact your association or chapter (e.g. PsiChi, Golden Key…) for more information. These are not provided by the department.
Processional Line-up Information
- Graduates must be signed in and in line-up no later than 4:00 PM
- Line-up Instructions will be given to you on site
- You will be given a name card at the sign-in table; do not lose your card. You will present this card to the person reading names as you walk on stage
- Department HonorsProgram graduates will be grouped and seated together. Your level of honors will be on your name card and in the program. You will receive special instructions on-site
- The department will make every attempt to recognize all levels of Honors, however, we cannot guarantee that this information will be provided to the department on time for the ceremony or the graduation program.
- Graduate students will be grouped and seated together. Your Thesis and Dissertation titles, faculty mentor, and acknowledgements will be on your name card and in the program. You will be given special instructions on-site for the hooding ceremony.
HOODING INSTRUCTIONS: Ph.D. and MS students will be hooded during the ceremony. The graduating student will proceed to the podium after their name is announced and read their acknowledgements. The faculty mentor hooding the student will proceed to the front of stage to meet the student, receive the hood from the student, and put the hood over their head as seen in this youtube video. You may want to practice hooding your student ahead of time.
- Flowers may be available for purchase at the Venue.
- Degree candidates will walk up a few stairs and across the stage and recognized individually by the department chair.
- Seating for guests with disabilities is available; if needed: see attendants upon arrival for assistance.
- Graduates that need special accommodations should submit this information when signing up for the ceremony.
- There will not be a rehearsal. Instructions will be given on site.
- You will NOT receive your diploma at the UNM Commencement Ceremony or at the department’s convocation ceremony. Diplomas will be mailed to you at a later date.
- The Records Office will print your name on your diploma as it exists on their records and will mail it to the mailing address you have on file. This information can be reviewed and updated via my.unm.edu Demographic Self Service (DSS).
- Students cannot graduate with non-recorded grades or Incompletes, so be sure to check your online transcript via LoboWeb to ensure your grades have been posted at the end of the spring semester.
- Department Website: http://psych.unm.edu/news-events-jobs/convocation.html
- UNM Graduation Web Site: http://graduation.unm.edu/
- Regalia: http://bookstore.unm.edu/c-209-graduation.aspx
- University Honors: https://sac.unm.edu/awards-and-honors.html
- UNM Bookstore Graduation Web Site: http://bookstore.unm.edu/c-209-graduation.aspx
- Demographic Information: http://dss.unm.edu/