Awards for the Best Graduate Student Teacher and Teaching Assistant
Amount: Best Teacher $300; Best TA $100
Aims and Founders
The aim of these awards is to express recognition for a graduate student’s contribution to the prime mission of the University: the excellence of teaching.
This award is funded by the Department of Psychology and was introduced in 2012.
The Best Graduate Student Teacher Award is open to all graduate students who have served as an Instructor for at least 2 courses. The Best Graduate Student Teaching Assistant Award is open to all graduate students who have served as a GA for at least 4 courses.
Applying for the Awards
For Best Graduate Student Teacher, students should submit the following:
- IDEA scores from all taught classes
- Teaching observations by faculty members from all taught classes
- Examples of written comments by students from all taught classes
For Best Graduate Student Teaching Assistant, students should submit the following:
- A list of all classes for which they have served as a GA
- 1 to 2 letters of support from the class Instructors for whom they served
Best Graduate Student Teacher
- Devin Ulrich 2020
- Darin Brown 2019
- Darin Brown 2018
- Patrick Coulombe2016
Best Graduate Student Teaching Assistant
- Breannan Howell 2019