Bachelor of Science
In order to complete a major in the Department of Psychology, you must fulfill the following requirements:
To complete a major in psychology, students must complete 35 credits in psychology with a grade of “C” or better (grades of C- are not accepted) as outlined below; 18 credits MUST be taken at UNM to satisfy the residency requirement. Major requirements are only one small portion of your undergraduate degree.
To Earn the BS Degree students must declare a minor in a science field. Choose from the following minors: Evolutionary Anthropology; Biology; Chemistry; Computer Science; Mathematics; Physics; or Statistics.
- Psychology 105 (3 credits)
- Psychology 200 (3 credits)
- Four courses (12 credits) selected from our five 200 level core courses:
- PSYCH 220, PSYCH 240, PSYCH 260, PSYCH 265, PSYCH 271, PSYCH 280
- Psychology 302 (3 credits)
- Three courses (12 credits) at the 300 level or above
- Four credits of Psychology electives
- The 33 hours required for a major can include no more than 6 hours of PSYCH 499.
- The student must complete a minor in or distributed among Evolutionary Anthropology, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Physics.
- The student must take an upper-division Psychology lab.
- A grade of C or better must be earned in all coursework to be counted toward a major.