Department of Psychology Convocation 2019
May 10, 2019 @ 3:30 pm
Location: Albuquerque Convention Center-Kiva Auditorium
To participate, please fill out the student sign-up form at: http://graduation.unm.edu. Information on Diplomas, Caps, Gowns & Announcements are also available on the graduation website.
Psychology Honor’s Student Greeting
Bruce Smith, Ph.D.
Department Convocation Schedule:
- 2:30 pm: The Kiva Auditorium will open for guest seating (food and drinks are not allowed)
- 2:30 pm: The Sign-in table for graduates will open. Graduates must be signed in by 3:00 pm in order to attend!
- 3:15 pm: Ceremony participants will be lined up for the academic procession
- 3:30 pm: Ceremony will begin promptly with the commencement procession
- Students who are eligible to participate in the Department Convocation are:
- Those who have completed degree requirements Fall 2018
- Those who complete degree requirements by the end of Spring 2019
- Undergraduate students who lack no more than six credit hours to be completed Summer 2019 (verified by an Advisor). However, the names of these students are not published in the program.
- Graduate students that defend their dissertation or thesis by May 10, 2019 and are on the department’s summer 2019 graduation list (verified by Rikk).
How to sign-up
- To participate, you must sign-up online: http://graduation.unm.edu.
- Graduates with special needs should request appropriate accommodations when signing up to participate.
IMPORTANT Participation in the commencement ceremony is not a guarantee or an indication of degree completion. To officially graduate from UNM, students must satisfy all university, school, college and/or departmental requirements for the specific degree. Students should meet with an advisor to ensure that they are on track to graduate.
- Undergraduate students: contact a psychology undergraduate advisor: Jennifer Serrano, Trajuan Briggs or Azure Leyba: email@example.com: http://psych.unm.edu/undergraduate/advisement.html
- Graduate Students: contact Rikk Murphy, 277-5009, firstname.lastname@example.org
Academic Regalia (Cap & Gown)
- All ceremony participants must wear academic regalia.
- Purchase your regalia at the UNM Bookstore
- Bachelor's degree candidates wear RED gowns and red cap with tassel.
- Master’s degree candidates wear BLACK gowns, black caps with tassel, and appropriate hood.
- Ph.D. degree candidates wear black and red gowns, black caps with tassel, and appropriate hood.
- Honor chords: the department will only supply honor chords to students in our Psychology Honors Program. Please contact the association/chapter you will be receiving honors in for more information.
- Graduates must be signed in and in line-up no later than 3:15 PM
- Instructions will be given to you on site
- You will be given a name card at the sign-in table; do not lose your card.
- You will present this card to the person reading names as you walk on stage
- Members of Psi Chi Honors society will be printed in the program.
- Although the department will make every attempt to recognize all levels of Honors, we cannot guarantee that University Honors levels will be available to the department and therefore we cannot guarantee that it will be in the program, nor on your name card. WE can only guarantee Departmental Honors recognition.
- Department HonorsProgram graduates will be seated together
- Your level of honors will be on your name card and you will receive special instructions on-site
- Graduate students will be grouped and seated together and given special instructions on-site for the hooding ceremony.
- Students participating in the ceremony should arrive by 2:30 pm. You must be checked in no later than 3:15 pm.
- Please ask your guests to arrive early. Parking is limited and seating is first come, first serve!
- You and your guests should plan to arrive early to allow time to park. There may be more than one graduation event at the same time, traffic and parking will be very congested.
- At the Convention Center Parking Garage parking is $6.00 per day with no in and out privileges. The only way to access the garage is taking Martin Luther King Blvd heading west past Broadway which will lead you straight into the garage. There is also parking available at Civic Plaza parking garage. Civic Center, 328 Marquette Ave NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102, US they do accept the following payments: Amex, Bills, Coins, Debit card, MC/Visa.
Each 30 Min-$1
- Flowers may be available for purchase at the Venue.
- Degree candidates will process across the stage and be recognized individually by the department chair.
- Seating for guests with disabilities is available; see attendants upon arrival for assistance. Graduates should contact the department directly for assistance.
- There will not be a rehearsal. Instructions will be given on site.
- You will NOT receive your diploma at the UNM Commencement Ceremony or at the department’s convocation ceremony. Diplomas will be mailed to you at a later date.
- The Records Office will print your name on your diploma as it exists on their records and will mail it to the mailing address you have on file. This information can be reviewed and updated via my.unm.edu Demographic Self Service (DSS).
- Students cannot graduate with non-recorded grades or Incompletes, so be sure to check your online transcript via LoboWeb to ensure your grades have been posted at the end of the spring semester.
- Department Website: http://psych.unm.edu/news-events-jobs/convocation.html
- UNM Graduation Web Site: http://graduation.unm.edu/
- Regalia: http://bookstore.unm.edu/c-209-graduation.aspx
- University Honors: https://sac.unm.edu/awards-and-honors.html
- UNM Bookstore Graduation Web Site: http://bookstore.unm.edu/c-209-graduation.aspx
- Demographic Information: http://dss.unm.edu/
- Psychology Department Convocation Coordinators: