Vincent P Clark
Director Psychology Clinical Neuroscience Center (PCNC)
- (505) 277-2223 or (505) 272-4939
- Logan Hall Rm 280 OR MRN Office Location at Mind Research Network, Pete & Nancy Domenici Hall, 1101 Yale Blvd. NE, Rm 2018
- Ph.D., University of California, San Diego
- Lab Website
- Curriculum vitae
Cognition, Brain and Behavior
- Attention and perception
- Learning and memory
- Multimodal neuroimaging of drug addiction, alcoholism, schizophrenia, motor illness, chronic pain, antisocial disorders and psychopathy
- Brain stimulation for the treatment of chronic pain, addiction,schizophrenia, Parkinson's disease and motor illness
- Brain stimulation for neuroenhancement
- Structural Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging (fMRI)
- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (MRS)
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Magnetoencephalography (MEG)
- Event Related Potentials (ERPs)
- Transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS)
- Transcranial alternating current stimulation (tACS)
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)
Invited speaker, TEDxABQ 2012 "Starting a Small Revolution in Medicine"
Education Chair, 2007-2010, and Program Committee Member, 2013-2015, Organization for Human Brain Mapping
Invited Editor, Special Issue on Neuroenhancement. NeuroImage, 2014
Invited Editor, Special Issue on Imaging Neuroinflammation and Neuropathic Pain. Journal of NeuroImmune Pharmacology, 2013.
Hunter, M.A., Coffman, B.A., Gasparovic, C., Calhoun, V.D., Trumbo, M.C., Clark, V.P. (2015) Baseline effects of transcranial direct current stimulation on glutamatergic neurotransmission and large-scale network connectivity. Brain Research, 1594:92-107.
Clark, V.P. (2014) The ethical, moral and pragmatic rationale for brain augmentation. Frontiers in Systems Neuroscience. 8, 130.
Clark, V.P., Beatty, G., Anderson, R.E., Kodituwakku, P., Phillips, J., Lane, T.D.R., Kiehl, K.A, & Calhoun, V.D. (2014).Reduced fMRI activity predicts relapse in patients recovering from stimulant dependence. Human Brain Mapping, 35(2), 414-428. doi: 10. 1002/hbm.22184
Cooper, M.S.. Clark, V.P. (2013). Neuroinflammation, neuroautoimmunity, and the co-morbidities of complex regional pain syndrome. Journal of NeuroImmune Pharmacology, 8(3):452-469.
Sims, A.B., Clark, V.P. & Cooper, M.S. (2012). Suppression of movement disorders by jaw realignment. Pain Medicine, 13(5), 731-732.
Clark, V.P. (2012). A history of randomized task designs in fMRI. NeuroImage, 62(2), 1190–1194.
Clark, V.P., Coffman, B.A., Mayer, A.R., Weisend, M.P., Lane, T.D.R., Calhoun, V.D., Raybourn, E.M., Garcia, C.M., & Wassermann, E.M. (2012). TDCS guided using fMRI
significantly accelerates learning to identify concealed objects. NeuroImage, 59(1), 117-128.
Clark, V.P., Coffman, B.A., Trumbo, M.C., Gasparovic, C. (2011). Transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) produces localized and specific alterations in neurochemistry: A 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopy study. Neuroscience Letters, 500(1), 67-71.
Psych 240 Brain and Behavior
Psych 450/650 Introduction to Functional Neuroimaging
Psych 450/650 Advanced Functional Neuroimaging
Psych 450/650 Clinical Neuroimaging
Psych 641 Seminar in Cognition, Brain and Behavior
- Greg Lieberman
- Mike Trumbo
- Michael Hunter
- Aaron Jones
Potential students may email me for more information about my lab.