Theresa B. Moyers
BAC Program Advisor
- Active ingredients in empirically based substance abuse treatments, including motivational interviewing
- Dissemination of motivational interviewing
- Clinician training for empirically based treatments for substance abuse
- Workforce development substance abuse counselors
Miller, W. R., Rollnick, S. & Moyers, T. B. (1998). Motivational Interviewing: Professional Training Videotape Series (6-part series). University of New Mexico: CASAA.
Peer Reviewed Journals
Hallgren, K.A. & Moyers, T. B. (2011). Does readiness to change predict in-session motivational language? Correspondence between two conceptualizations of client motivation. Addiction, 106 (7), 1261-1269.
Glynn, L. H., & Moyers, T. B. (2010). Chasing change talk: The clinician’s role in evoking client language about change. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 39, 65-70.
Moyers, T. B., Martin, T., Houck, J.M., Christopher, P.J. & Tonigan, J.S. (2009). From in-session behaviors to drinking outcomes: A causal chain for motivational interviewing. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 77(6), 1113-1124.
Moyers, T. B. , Manuel, J.K., Wilson, P., Hendrickson, S.M.L., Talcott, W. & Durand, P. (2008). A randomized trial investigating training in motivational interviewing for behavioral health providers. Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy, 36, 149-162.
Miller, W. R. & Moyers, T. B. (2006) Eight Stages in Learning Motivational Interviewing. Journal of Teaching in the Addictions, 5(1), 3-18.
- Miller, W. R., Moyers, T. B., Ernst, D., & Amrhein, P. (2003). Manual for the Motivational Interviewing Skills Code (MISC) v. 2.0. Retrieved, 2003, from the World Wide Web: http://casaa.unm.edu/tandc.html.
Squires, D. D., & Moyers, T. B. (2001, Spring). Motivational enhancement for dually diagnosed consumers. (Available from the Behavioral Health Recovery Management Project c/o Fayette Companies, PO Box 1346, Peoria, IL 61654-1346).
Alcoholism (Psychology 430)
Abnormal Behavior (Psychology 332)
Professional Ethics (Psychology 630)
Likely to accept graduate students for Fall 2013