The University of New Mexico, Department of Psychology, is seeking a Sr. Clinical Psychologist/Clinic Director to oversee the activities of the UNM psychology clinic. The Psychology Clinic provides mental health services to the community and professional level training for students in the Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program.
The Sr. Clinical Psychologist is responsible for the overall administration of the clinic services and programs, the management of day-to-day operations, and provides leadership and vision for the clinic that balances doctoral students’ educational goals, client care, and the financial sustainability of the Center.
- Provides case management and disposition of all requests for services through the Clinic.
- Administers and coordinates specified mental health or therapy programs.
- Provides clinical supervision and training to the Ph.D. students in the clinical psychology program.
- Assists in the development of practicum opportunities for students.
- Maintains current knowledge of internship requirements regarding clinical experiences and conveys this directly to graduate students using computer software.
- Coordinates contracts with community partners for clinical services, including negotiation of grants and government contracts for behavioral health services.
- Applies state of the art management procedures for Psychology Department Clinics consistent with membership in The Association of Psychology Training Clinic Collaborative Research Network.
- Demonstrates a high standard of professional conduct and adherence to ethical and legal standards in the operation of the Clinic.
- Establishes and ensures quality standards for training graduate students.
- Determines policies and procedures for operating the clinic plans, reviews, and monitors the budget, establishes client fee schedules, and leads fundraising efforts related to Clinic initiatives.
- Supervisor to one Administrative Assistant and Director of AGORA Crisis Center.
- Responsible for staffing decisions and conducting performance reviews of clinic staff
- Assists in teaching graduate level academic courses in Psychology Department
- Reports to the Director of Clinical Training and works closely with Psychology clinical faculty
See the Position Description for additional information.
Conditions of Employment
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- May be subject to credentialing process; must maintain credentialed status, if applicable.
- Must maintain certification status.
Doctorate or terminal degree in Psychology, and completion of Pre-doctoral Clinical Internship; at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Certification/Licensure State of NM Licensed Psychologist, or eligibility for NM licensure, as documented by out-of-state licensure.
Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Ph.D in Clinical Psychology.
- Evidence of working knowledge of the psychological clinical science training model.
- Demonstrated marketing skills for psychology services.
- Evidence of community outreach and engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate Contracts for Behavioral Health services.
- Demonstrated commitment to Empirically Supported Treatments.
- Evidence of ability to treat common psychological disorders (e.g. anxiety, depression).
- Demonstrated experience working with behavioral health systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations, especially Latinx, American Indian, and low income populations.
- Spanish language fluency in the applicant would be a strength.
Background check and fingerprinting is conducted through Certification/Licensure State of NM Licensed Psychologist, or eligibility for NM licensure, as documented by out-of-state licensure and therefore not necessary through this requisition.